Gary Anderson will begin his tilt for a third William Hill World Darts Championship title against Northern Irishman Brendan Dolan or Indian Qualifier Nitin Kumar.
The draw which includes 20 Team Unicorn stars was made on Monday for the 2019/2020 William Hill World Darts Championship, which will see 96 of the world's best players competing from December 13 - January 1 for the Sid Waddell Trophy and £2.5 million in prize money.
The first round will feature 32 qualifiers from the ProTour Order of Merit, based on prize money won across 43 non-televised events in 2019, and 32 international qualifiers.
2019 Runner-Up Michael Smith will be looking to go one step further this year, will play either Luke Woodhouse or Paul Lim for a place in the third round. In form Ian White who reached his first PDC televised Semi-Final at the Players Championship finals in Minehead at the weekend, will play Lithuanian Darius Labanauskas or PDPA Qualifier Matthew Edgar.
No.8 Seed James Wade will go up against Ritchie Edhouse or Boris Koltsov in Round 2, with former Lakeside World Champion Jelle Klaasen needing to overcome Kevin Burness in his first round clash to setup a potential encounter with defending World Champion Michael Van Gerwen.
Rising Dutch star Jeffrey de Zwaan who is setting his sights on a place inside the World’s Top 20, will meet American veteran Darin Young or departing five-time World Champion Raymond van Barneveld at his final event before retirement. De Zwaan of course a protégé of Van Barneveld in his early career.
Chris Dobey, hot off the back of two televised Semi-Final appearances this year, he will face Ron Meulenkamp or Ben Robb. In the same section of the draw is Development Tour winner Ted Evetts who will take on female qualifier Fallon Sherrock in Round 1.
Belgium's Kim Huybrechts and will take on Geert Nentjes, with World Cup teammate Dimitri Van den Bergh set to take on the winner of Josh Payne and Diogo Portela in Round 2.
Japanese star Seigo Asada will enter at the first hurdle and will play left-hander Mickey Mansell, with the potential to setup a second round clash with Team Unicorn stablemate Keegan Brown.
There will be two all Team Unicorn clashes in Round 1 as Australian Kyle Anderson will face Chinese qualifier Xiaochen Zong, meanwhile talented youngster Harry Ward will take on Latvian Madars Razma, who will make his debut at Alexandra Palace.
A further two Team Unicorn players will make their debut at the showpiece event as Stockport based Mark McGeeney will look to overcome Canadian Matt Campbell, with Challenge Tour winner Callan Rydz facing off against Irishman Steve Lennon.
Elsewhere for Team Unicorn, Joe Cullen will be looking for a run deep into the event to establish himself amongst the Top 16 in the world, will face James Wilson or Nico Kurz in Round 2, whilst good friend and fellow Bradford resident Devon Petersen, who came through the South African qualifier will take on newly crowned World Youth Champion Luke Humphries in Round 1.
Draw Bracket - Seeded Players Enter In Second Round
Team Unicorn shown in blue
(1) Michael van Gerwen v Jelle Klaasen/Kevin Burness
(32) Ricky Evans v Mark McGeeney/Matt Campbell
(16) Jonny Clayton v Ryan Joyce/Jan Dekker
(17) Stephen Bunting v Arron Monk/Jose Justicia
(8) James Wade v Ritchie Edhouse/Boris Koltsov
(25) Steve Beaton v Kyle Anderson/Xiaochen Zong
(9) Ian White v Darius Labanauskas/Matthew Edgar
(24) Max Hopp v Gabriel Clemens/Benito van de Pas
(5) Gary Anderson v Brendan Dolan/Nitin Kumar
(28) Steve West v Ryan Searle/Robbie King
(12) Nathan Aspinall v Andy Boulton/Danny Baggish
(21) Krzysztof Ratajski v Jamie Hughes/Zoran Lerchbacher
(4) Michael Smith v Luke Woodhouse/Paul Lim
(29) Dimitri Van den Bergh v Josh Payne/Diogo Portela
(13) Adrian Lewis v Cristo Reyes/Lourence Ilagan
(20) Darren Webster v Ryan Meikle/Yuki Yamada
(2) Rob Cross v Kim Huybrechts/Geert Nentjes
(31) Danny Noppert v Steve Lennon/Callan Rydz
(15) Joe Cullen v James Wilson/Nico Kurz
(18) Jermaine Wattimena v Luke Humphries/Devon Petersen
(7) Peter Wright v Rowby-John Rodriguez/Noel Malicdem
(26) Keegan Brown v Mickey Mansell/Seigo Asada
(10) Dave Chisnall v Vincent van der Voort/Keane Barry
(23) Jeffrey de Zwaan v Raymond van Barneveld/Darin Young
(6) Daryl Gurney v Justin Pipe/Benjamin Pratnemer
(27) Glen Durrant v Jose De Sousa/Damon Heta
(11) Mensur Suljovic v Ted Evetts/Fallon Sherrock
(22) Chris Dobey v Ron Meulenkamp/Ben Robb
(3) Gerwyn Price v William O'Connor/Marko Kantele
(30) John Henderson v James Richardson/Mikuru Suzuki
(14) Simon Whitlock v Harry Ward/Madars Razma
(19) Mervyn King v Ross Smith/Ciaran Teehan